Patrick Dixon Wrote:
> NOS DACs are not know for detail, but they do sound quite natural and
> unfatiguing.
>
> No idea on the other one.

Thanks for that Patrick. I am presently running the Squeezebox into
a early Plinius solid state amp and onto a pair of Rogers ls6a
speakers. Quite an old school system for the back end. I trialled a
cambridge 640c cdplayer last year and thought this had a great sound. I
love the system I have now but feel there is enough positive comment in
forums to suggest an external dac could improve this. A benchmark is
too expensive and dacs such as dereks are buy then try. Info such as
yours is much appreciated.

--
fatfred