blackbear;130833 Wrote:
> There are no rights or wrongs here, only opinions. I simply stated
> mine.
>

> Not neccessarily. SofwireEngineer is correct in his observation about
> there being a "hole" between the prices of the SB3 and the Transporter
> that is filled be the SB3 modders for customers that don't want to
> spend the $2000 for the Transporter. Without putting words in Sean's
> mouth, it might well be that he don't consider the SB3-modding as a
> threat to the Transporter's market potential, and that he merely
> expressed his honest opinion based on technical merits.
>
> Personally, I find the cost/performance considerations of a modder that
> inserts by-bee filters into the Squeezebox (or anything else for that
> matter) extremely dubious.
>
> As always, YMMV.

I don't doubt the CEO believes what he is saying, I just don't think it
sould be taken as general gospel. I believe an SB3 with a few hundred
dollars worth of mods should be able to compete with any high end
transport (as a transport!). So if you don't need the analogue out,
etc, etc, it makes perfect sense to modify an SB3.

I have to admit that the Transporter doesn't tempt me for a number of
reasons, and I'd much rather go the modified-SB3-route.

--
P Floding