highdudgeon;134041 Wrote:
> I'll be totally honest with you -- and, YMMV, because this is
> subjective: I think there are better things out there than TacT and
> that, quite possibly, the things amp (which is a DAC) might be a weak
> point.
>
> I would first deal with 1) room and 2) EQ.  Then, think long and hard
> about your speakers, if you're still not satisfied.  THEN look toward
> DACs and that sort of thing.  In my book, that's about refinement; you
> want to get the basics first.

Not wishing to disagree violently and noting your subjective
point...I've yet to hear any physical room treatments applied to a
domestic setting that comes close to the TACT solution in terms of
end-result...and believe me I've spent 25 years trying!
I'm not saying it is perfect (what is?) - but if possible it should at
least be tried/heard.

--
Phil Leigh