MrStan;134807 Wrote:
> And you must be joking! I can tell MP3 even at 320k. On a good
> orchestral recording it just can't reproduce the soundstage. Virtually
> no atmosphere. The only real answer is to use a lossless format which
> rules MP3 out anymore.

I actually do use FLAC for my main home system, and MP3 at something in
the hundreds of kbps for my car/portable library.  In that environment I
can't hear anything bad.  But at those bitrates, for me, WMA is just
terrible.  Maybe I (and everyone else I know that uses WMA) are just
using the wrong settings, and our mileage is varying.

--
eq72521