philipi wrote:
Given that my system is all digital (meridian) well as digital as is
possible...

Would there be any chance of a Digital Only version of the Transporter?
Possibly at a lower cost?

I'm just a customer, not someone from SlimDevices, but having it be high priced makes it better for many (most?) audiophiles.

The number of people who want a Transporter is already pretty small,
the savings would be small, I don't see the point.

Plus the number of people who care about cost when they have extensive audiophile digital systems is far too small to care about, let alone target a product towards.

The cost of most electronics goods is the cost of the engineering, not the cost of the parts. Not having any analog stuff is just not going to make a difference. And any difference is costs to SD is likely to be eaten by the cost of having two sets of shipping cartons, the cost of customer support when the wrong unit gets put in the wrong box and shipped to a customer expecting the other flavor.

If the Transporter was priced like a Meridian control unit, maybe it would make a difference, but there simply are not that many folks putting that much money into Stereo.

90 inch TV screens in rooms with ramped floors, sure.

All just IMHO. YMMV

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html