Here's an interesting review of the Monica2 NOS DAC:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue27/monica_dac.htm

This writeup pretty much corresponds to my impressions of the
inexpensive Monica when used with an SB3.  I sincerely recommend this
DAC, especially to those who, unlike the previous poster, aren't cursed
with the uncanny ability to know what a waveform will sound like just
from looking at an oscilloscope trace.  Must be a horrible way to
live.

The question of ouput level deserves attention.  I happen to have some
very efficient speakers (Klipsch RF5, 99 db/W) and I listen to music at
moderate levels.  Still, I find myself operating near the top of the
volume range.  I'm currently putting together a grounded-grid pre-amp
to give myself a bit more room.

moshulu

--
moshulu