Very well said.

As for transports, well, everyone has their favorite.  The Ayre is an
absolutely first-rate piece of gear and quite good enough for a senior
reviewer.  Or, are we to assume that the person making the list of
"high transports" has tried each and every one in a perfectly
controled, double-blind environment?

But the fact remains: the Lavry Blue, Gold, and now the DA10 are
essentially immune from jitter and, as expained, deal with it after
buffering incoming information.  Above post: you're right, Lavry is
fairly unique in handling things in this manner.  What you get doesn't
sound like the transport; it sounds like the DAC -- and the DAC is
accurate.

--
highdudgeon

SB3->Lavry DA10->Nuforce 9.02s->Harbeth Monitor 30s/Skylan stands.
Simple and satisfying.  In a larger room, I would move back to larger
speakers, subs, and probably RCS.