Well I for one think it is a fine accolade.  Class C might have been
fairer but JA made the very up front caveat concerning the analog
output most seem to be aware is just average.  The point is that he
rated the product in positive terms throughout the review.
BTW I have been a Stereophile reader for 20 years and have both loved
and hated the magazine.  Yes the gear normally reviewed is obscenely
priced but that is why I read Automobile as well.  I want to know about
the Ferraris and the Levinsons.  But I also want to read about the
Civics and SB's.  I am stoked that Stereophile and JA in particular is
taking the time to open up this whole new world to me.
I am so excited about ripping my sizable CD and vinyl collection to my
Mac server and hearing music equal to those high end players JA
mentioned. Mine included.
So don't be all upset about the "D" you guys.  Number one...all
publicity is good publicity.  And JA said enough good things to get
this audiophile off his listening chair for the past day reading the
posts on this great site before making my final purchase decision.
To SB or Transport....that is the question!

--
mauidj

Oracle Delphi/FR64/Dynavector, Krell KPS-20i, Krell KRC-3, Krell
FPB-300, B&W 801-Matrix3. Music all the way!