ScoobyMusic;140406 Wrote:
> Given how the knob is entirely driven by software control I think it
> would make sense to give the user the ability to configure the default
> use of the knob on power up.
>
> When I turn my system on it may still be accessing the same play list
> as when it was turned off (most of the time). The primary change I make
> is to adjust volume and to start the playing, therefore being able to
> turn the knob without having to press the volume front panel button
> makes more ergonomic sense to me. Having said that I am sure many
> people will want to do something other than volume as the first twist
> of the knob.
> To that end - how about a parameter that can be set from the slimserver
> player settings module to allow the "boot up" mode of the knob. In my
> case I would set it to volume control
>
> Hope this helps and if others feel the same - chip in
I think that's definitely a good idea.  If I were relying on the
Transporter's volume control, I'd want the same behavior.  I would also
want an option to fall back to this default/bootup mode after N seconds
of button inactivity.  So if I had been using the knob to browse, play,
etc. I could always be sure that when I walk over to the Transporter
that I'd be controlling the volume by default.  Is there a visual
indicator that shows when the knob is in 'volume' mode?

--
JJZolx

Jim