tomsi42;143037 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a friend who has bought a squeezebox and want to use it in his
> living room. His problem is that both he and his wife are allergic to
> cables!
>
> They have a reasonably OK Yamaha amplifier they wants to use, but as
> the speakers are to be placed on each side of a fireplace, there isn't
> any sensible ways to hide one of the speaker cables. There are 220V
> outlets on each side of the fireplace.
>
> Are there any wireless solutions out there at all - like active
> speakers with a wireless interface ?

I installed a hosepipe of fairly large diameter that connects a hole in
the floor on one side of the fireplace to the other side. Neater would
be to let the pipe exit in the walls.

Unfortunately my current cables are to fat to fit the pipe, but on the
other hand my speakers aren't stradling the fireplace any more...

--
P Floding