Just for HT tests, I have two 24/96 files: one FLAC and one WAV.

Since the Transporter supports 24/96 (I assume so from the overview
page: "Sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, Audio format: linear PCM,
16 or 24 bits per sample") I tried them out.

To my astonishment the WAV played!  At 13824 kbps, I was amazed.  But I
wasn't sure what I was hearing - it was supposed to be -Hotel
California- but instead it sounded like dirge music.  Then about 2
minutes into the track the vocals started - I realized it was playing
at super-slow speed.

The FLAC file didn't play at all, even though its bitrate was 6956
kbps.  The Transporter froze, then the left screen went dark.  I could
only bring it back to life again by unplugging and replugging it in.

I'm not going to play 24/96 music all that often, but still, should it
have worked?

One other note: foobar stated that both tracks were 6-channel.

--
Mark Lanctot