I have briefly tested this http://www.amphony.com/products/l1550.htm ...
and so far, so good.

I was worried about buffering sync problems between the separate mono
receivers, but I haven't been able to detect any.  I've tested them in
two houses, in three rooms away from the transmitter in both locations.
Reception any further is sketchy, and the communication is dropped at
that range by interference (like a cell phone call).  There is an
active volume control on the transmitter and one on each mono amp.  The
build is good for the $170 I paid, and even though I wouldn't consider
this as true "audiophile", it definitely sounds "very good" and has
high geek factor and flexibility for installations.

I'll try to write something more thorough after comparing to my Krell.

--
gobikey

flac with accuraterip
silver transporter (the reflective surface minimizes interference.
just kidding. ; )
audioquest vdm-5 interconnect
krell kav-400xi integrated amp
panamax 5510 ac regenerator