I understand the point.  What any individual is most comfortable with -
facts/theory/ambiguity/chaos will depend on what brain type they are I
guess.  But there are times when it seems to me it is useful to treat
something as a fact and sometimes when it is not.  For example we might
treat the following as a fact 'aspirin relieves headaches'.  It might
not be true for everybody or every headache, but it is a useful truth
for the vast majority of people when they have a headache.  But when a
Copernicus postulates that the facts fit better with the outrageous
idea that the earth revolves around the sun, the so-called fact that
everyone accepts the sun revolves around earth, is not so useful.  Its
useful to know that jumping from the 26th floor will almost definitely
kill you.  But its not so useful to be told a human cannot fly using
his self as the only power source.  Its useful to know increasing the
shunt capacitance will roll off high frequencies, but not so useful to
be told that changing a power cable cannot improve the sound of your
stereo system.

--
Jenks