Well thanks for the opinion that I should rip lossless, I did not feel I
had to launch into a long explanation of why I keep TWO servers one with
lossless for home audio and a second synched with ipod which also serves
as a multiperson server and this has many time more tracks and hence
need to be lossy.

Yes I know lossless sounds better, I have posted this myself many
times, but that was not my question if you re-read it carefully.

The opinion that I should decide for myself is fine except there is
clearly a vary narrow difference, but if the overall opinion is that
one is superior for this or other reasons I would tend to favour
that.....especially as this difference may becomne more pronounced with
time.

--
ajmitchell

Check out my other hobby http://ajmitchell.shutterpoint.com