P Floding;152893 Wrote:
> Sure, I use SST, and the difference is staggering.
> I'm not sure what is the original -Walker SST? (Why didn't he patent
> it?)
>
> Anyway, I didn't like the woodoo type stuff on the page you linked to.
> Crygenically treated? Give me a break.. A shame when you get put off a
> potentially good product by mumbo-jumbo. Let's put it this way: If cryo
> treatment of the silver powder really made a difference they would keep
> it a trade secret -not boast about it.

I agree that cryro treatment is a bit unbelievable. Of course I do
think that it is good to keep an open but skeptical mind. Some tweaks
are not worth the money even if they do improve SQ, you might not be
able to discern it. There was a post on AC today which mentioned that
you should be very careful when applying silver contact treatments
because the potential is there for a dead short.
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=33188.msg294890;topicseen#new

Who is really going to bother with ABX tests among various tweak
products anyway?

--
rajacat