ajmitchell;153533 Wrote:
> OK from your observations so far you seem to eliminated the NAD s200 as
> the influential factor. Why not take it out of the eqautions altogether
> (For testing) and connect the optical, coaxial AND RCA into the yamaha.
> Then do an A vs B vs C comparison using the same yammy power amp
> components. This will tell you where the issue is. Next run the Yammy
> pre-outs to the NAD and do the same. Let us know what you find.
>
> alex

Thanks for this suggestion. It's a great idea and helped me to (I
think) understand what is going on. I set the NAD aside and ran 1) SB2
optical to Yamaha: good sound and bass; 2) SB2 RCA to Yamaha: poor
sound, weak bass; 3) didn't have digital coax cable so no SB2 digital
coax to Yamaha; 4) SB2 optical to Yamaha, Yamaha RCA to NAD: good sound
and bass; 5) SB2 RCA to Yamaha, Yamaha RCA to NAD: poor sound, weak
bass. After running these tests, my guess would be that the Yamaha's
DAC is superior to the SB2's DAC. Do you agree?

--
beerbunny