Have to say that I was considering an SACD player before I got my SB,
but I only have one SACD disc (War of the Worlds) and really can't
justify a player and buying into SACD as a format considering that
doing pure rips and playing Flac via a SB is such an excellent quality
anyway (potentially better than most CD players). I'm really into Flac
audio now.

Also, with HD video players about there are new HD audio formats which
are potentially better than SACD and DVD-A (though I've no idea how
they do compare). If these are supported by HD players (HD-DVD and
BluRay) and *if* (big if) HD players actually take off and one or the
other wins the format war, then everyone will have a HD audio player.

Plus I think I read somewhere that Sony admitted SACD never really took
off (which is no surprise).

--
deadkenny