pvadbx;153943 Wrote:
> While I've got the Transporter for my main system, I'd like some
> suggestions for a low cost DAC to get audio out of my computer.  The
> Mac has optical out, and I'd like an upgrade from the analog out I'm
> currently using in my office.  Any suggestions that use an optical,
> USB, or firewire connection in the range of $100 new or used?  Or is
> that too low?

I use a USB connected M-Audio Fast Track Pro.. works great on my linux
workstation.  There is no mixer device, all input/output levels are
adjust via analog controls.  Best part is they have balanced output.

Now I just need to save up the money to get some good powered monitors.
The Dynaudio BM 5A monitors are nice, and not that expensive.

--
SuperQ