opaqueice;156680 Wrote:
> Atkinson is hardly the one to invoke in the context of blind testing.
>
> The point is this - if the difference is so subtle (in -his- system)
> that he can't tell the difference in a blind test where it takes a few
> seconds to switch, then maybe he doesn't want to spend $300 or whatever
> on the PS "upgrade", because most likely there's no perceptible
> difference at all.  It's not necessary to do some elaborate test here.
I think it is a great and inexpensive opportunity to spend 50 on ps
+100 on mod +25 for shipping and make up an informed opinion on such a
controversial topic.  People without interest in audio (99.999% of the
population ?) roll their eyes even if you mention this, at the same
time this (almost) same people readily accept 2000+ year old legends as
facts that we will be celebrating in  few weeks.    An opportunity to
objectively evaluate a controversial topic under $200 makes a great
xmas gift.

--
georgem

George