davidmoore2607;154748 Wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the info so far. All very enlightening. A number of thes
> speakers have been past the wife test and failed. Current least
> despised option from her are a pair of B&W LM1, which though not active
> could be paired up with  a Sonic Impact T Amp. Any views on that combo?

I would urge you to get the Sonic Impact Super T Amp instead of the
regular T Amp.  It's about $150 (power supply included) versus $50
(once you add a power supply), but well worth it.  The regular T-amp is
very bass-shy (easily measured and obvious to the ears).  I have both.
The super T is awesome.

Another option on speakers is the Onix XLS speakers from www.avs123.com
(currently $219).  I don't think you can get a better speaker for the
price.  Together they would be $370+shipping, well below your budget.

--
lanierb