Mark Lanctot;156973 Wrote:
> In light of the discussion, instead of asking you to prove this
> statement, could you give examples?  I mean, the Earth sure seems flat,
> doesn't it?  A subjectivist would tell you it's flat, and it did seem to
> make intrinsic sense until the science evolved to find out for sure, in
> which case the subjectivists turned out to be wrong.

I forgot to mention the context, which was 1970's hifi.
Of course subectivists have been wrong many, many times. But we
shouldn't forget that in most cases there hasn't been any alternative
scientific model around.

Audiophiles don't actually say that measurements are wrong. Just that
they aren't good enough to let us know the whole picture.

--
P Floding