jmourik;158296 Wrote:
> Currently I've got my speakers hooked up with unterminated 10-gauge
> 5T00UP (from Blue Jeans:
> http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm). I was too lazy
> to put on bananas and figured unterminated might give a better contact
> anyway.
> Is there some kind of contact cleaner I can use to keep the contact
> points, both on speaker and amp side, clean and unoxidated? Or can I
> just schpritz it with some trusty old wd40?
> If you have some suggestion, could you tell me where you got it, or
> where I can get it in the USA (if you know, of course) please?
>
> Thanks, jan
>
> PS. Don't disappoint me P Floding! ;-)

As other people have said WD40 is not a good idea.  It's a lubricant,
not a solvent.

I would just cut a couple inches off the cable and properly solder some
connectors on.  If you must clean it, the best cleaner you can use is
electric contact cleaner.  You can probably find some at a local
hardware store, or an auto parts store.

something like this:

http://www.builderdepot.com/browse.ihtml?pid=349790&step=5&prodstoreid=4732

--