Mark Lanctot;160422 Wrote:

> I'm confused - did he like it or not?

He liked it a lot - but I suspect he is in love with his Marantz.

quote: "Var kanskje Transporter noe mindre presis og holografisk i
måten den tegnet opp lydbildet? Hadde den litt mindre fysisk trøkk enn
Marantzen? Nyansene var små, og over noen ukers testing var
hovedinntrykket at musikk som strømmet trådløst gjennom lufta fra en
datamaskin to etasjer unna, låt like bra i mine ører som musikken fra
CD-spilleren."

Rough translation:
maybe the transporter was a little less precise and holographic i the
way it presented the sound stage? Had it a little less physical punch
than the Marantz? The nuances are small, and after a few weeks of
listening, the impression is that the music streaming wireless from a
computer two floors away, sounds as good to my ears as the music from
the CD-player.

So I should have said "He found that the difference in sonic quality
was minimal."

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Tom

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.