Bob Bressler;160617 Wrote:
> I guess that if the delays were really long, the TCP connections would
> time out and have to be reconnected, but this almost sounds like
> periods of data loss - how often does it happen?  Have you tried
> plugging in your computer when the SB is now to see how web traffic
> behaves?

The problems are intermittent. Music may stream fine for several
listening sesssions and then all of a sudden there is a problem. It
seems to be worse when using longer CAT5 cables between the homeplug
and SB3. Under the theory that it could be a noise issue, I have
swapped the noisy stock power supply with a relatively quiet one to see
what happens. The Netgear utility generally shows 29 to 45+ Mbps, with a
lowest ever reported of 22.73 Mbps, however I don't know how that
relates to UDP streaming.

Unfortunately the logistics of moving the desktop to the audio room
makes that not a feasible option.

--
Jeff52