highdudgeon;160839 Wrote:
> Pro gear is the way to go -- highest quality and more reasonable prices.
> value.  Some audiophiles are too snobby for it.  Well, I know one with
> Dali Megalines who uses a Lavry Blue.  The point is output quality,
> yes?  If Benchmarks and Lavrys are good enough for mastering studios
> then they are absolutely good enough for home use.

I agree there is usually decent value in pro gear, expecially if you
are using it for a pro job, like recording, etc :) Mastering engineers
have very different objectives in listening to sound than audiophiles.
I would take audio listening advice from most mastering engineers with
a grain of salt. Pro sound and high end audio are two separate worlds
with little in common. Van Alstine UltraDAC and the new Bel Canto are
excellent, very musically enjoyable DACs in the $1000-2000 category.

--
richidoo