95bcwh;161822 Wrote:
> Phil,
> I forgot.. do you have a modded SB2??? I must admit that the stock
> SB2 with stock Walwart sounded flat and liveless to me.

I have an Elpac power supply, but otherwise the SB2 is unmodded.  Am
currently using my SB2 in my office system together with a modified
Zhaolu 2.0 DAC with good results.  The analog-outs on the SB2 in that
system (Focus Audio FS-68SE monitors, Bel Canto Pre3/S300 electronics)
sounds a bit thin and unengaging to me.

My Transporter in my reference system sounds terrific on its own, but
the Dodson DAC is still IMHO a level above.  Note that it took quite a
bit of system setup time (particularly room treatments and speaker
positioning) to finally get to the level of performance where I was
able to tell the difference between the Transporter and the Dodson with
relative ease...prior to getting things "just right", the differences
were surprisingly small...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.