highdudgeon;161684 Wrote:
> Technical and materialistic perfectionism are "guy" things.  Women are
> just as musical as men, of course.  I know some terrific women
> performers, ranging from opera singers to punk guitarists.  By and
> large, they're not so much into the fancy audio rig thing -- they hear
> the music and go from there.  There are exceptions to the rule, and I
> know of few of them, but the audiophile world is overwhelmingly male.

Good point - they've got shoes and clothes instead.*

* I do not intend this to be a sexist comment, all I mean is that often
this desire is still there, but something else is the target.  If your
significant other is into shopping, in order to understand this,
compare it to audiophile pursuits.  It's much the same thing, but with
different articles.

--
Mark Lanctot