highdudgeon;162526 Wrote:
> I know, it is awful.
>
> Thankfully, I keep my collection in nice boxes, alphabetized by genre.
> I've be rescanning some stuff and it hit me that I can actually zero in
> on some thing faster with my eyes and fingers than with a remote
> control.  Go figure.
>
> At some point I would like to back up my entire CD collection, in Apple
> Lossless or AIFF, to DVDs.  Every last CD (not FLAC because I am an
> Macintosh user).

Yes, as another one, I'd gathered. My discs are in ring binders, (less
space) and in chronological order either by date of birth of composer
or by date of release of first album, depending on genre, which makes
life more interesting. "Now, was Tallis born before Byrd or after? And
where's Praetorius gone? Bother. I was sure he was round here
somewhere." It's a sort of DIY musicology course every time I fumble
for a disc. After all, for Machaut next to Meatloaf, Wizzard mixed up
with Warlock, and the Beach Boys jostling with Beethoven, there's
always the remote - and yes, I agree about the remote. It is painfully
slow.

Have you solved your drop out problem?

--
geraint smith