jan van mourik;163418 Wrote:
> Where should I place a Radio Shack like switch?
>
> - before the pre-amp input on my avr-4800, so I can attach both the dvd
> rca
> and the SB2 rca to the pre-amp input

Doesn't the 4800 have multiple inputs for this?

> or
> - before the power amp input, to choose between avr4800/SB2 input, so
> drive the SB2 straight into the power amp

This might be better because the 4800 most likely digitizes all analog
inputs, applies processing, then does another D/A conversion.

While the 4800 used to be second-from-top-of-the-line (I think) it's
fairly old (I think!) so more modern ADCs and DACs would probably
outperform it.

By tying the SB2 straight into the power amp through the switch,
everything remains strictly analog and the only conversion is done
using the DAC in the SB2, which is pretty good.

--
Mark Lanctot