Sounds much better to me too, thanks Inguz.

I will run my sweeps again in case I messed that up. For some reason my
Maudio mobile pre would only record mic on channel 1, so line ended up
on channel 2, which was the same for both sweeps. I swapped the tracks
(one sweep only) in Audacity so they matched what you guys used, but
wonder if this isn't a source of prblems. E.g. The sound doesn't jump
out of the speakers like it does without RC. EQ doesn't affect the
dynamics in this way, so there must be something wrong with the sweeps
or my manipulation of them.

It doesn't sound like I'm in a tin can anymore- so that is very
promising!

--
Skunk