wdrazek;166108 Wrote:

> Sonofcolin:
> Sounds like you have a sweet setup. I looked into the Ack and although
> it looks  sweet I'm a little nervous about draining the battery. Friday
> night my wife left the music on all night. Would doing that once or
> twice fry the battery? And, do you know the price or availability of
> replacements? I didn't see any info on the Ack website. I'll be
> interested to know how the Bolder mods effect the SB3 in transport
> mode.

The battery isn't an issue. You shouldn't leave the DAC on for more
than 8 hours (10 max) to conserve battery life. You can't kill it in 1
session. New battery pack is about $70.  I have a TT and I never forget
to remove the arm after playing a record. Easy concept to apply to the
dAck!

If your interested in the dAck! you should contact Christopher Own - Mr
dAck! He's very good at answering your questions or concerns and has
experience with NAIM setups.

The digital outs on the SB3 are excellent. Feed a good DAC and you have
a top notch digital source, no question. The mods bring clear refinement
to my ears. YMMV.

To my ears (and my wifes) the SB3/dAck! 2.0 has greater resolution and
subtlety compared to the CDX/XPS. Both have big expansive sounds and
great rhythm. The SB3 combo makes live performances sound much more
'real.' If I only listened to techno & D&B I would quite happily live
with the CDX/XPS for ever!

--
sonofcolin