Using the 6.5.0 release, my SB3 has a volume range of 100 now, instead
of the original 40. I presume that to mean that each step represents
0.5 dB change in volume. Assuming I have the volume control effecting
the digital output... if I wish to reduce the volume from a maximum of
100 so that in effect I have shifted each data sample by one bit to the
left, then I need to reduce the volume by 6 dB, which means I set the
volume to 88?

What does the SB3 or Transporter do if I wish to reduce the volume by 9
dB? This is in essentially doing a bit shift of 1.5 bits? Does it then
shift alternate samples by 1 bit, and the remaining by 2 bits?

Just wondering.

--
Ron F.