I'm wondering if anyone has had experience using these converters?  Two
that I've read about here and there are:

http://www.hagtech.com/hagusb.html

And the oddly less expensive but more versatile:

http://www.trendsaudio.com/EN/Product/USB_Audio_desc.htm

This comes up because I've had a lot of troubles with drop-outs.  The
problem is not easy to diagnose and might be due to a neighbor's phone
or something else I can't control.  Running ethernet across the house
is not a possibility.   Options that have come to mind, then are:

a.  Buying a compact computer, such as a Mac Mini, laptop, or small
iMac to sit next to the Squeezebox.  I could then have a short ethernet
connection and be done with it.

b.  However, I already have a nice DAC.  So, I could like the
Squeezebox out of the picture entirely.  I could use a USB->S/PDIF or
AES/EBY converer to run from the computer, to a DAC, to the amp.
Getting off my tuckus to change albums in iTunes isn't so hard.  There
are advantages, too: unclicking parts of an album you don't want and
seeing more than one search result at once.

Just a thought.  The bottom line is, are these devices clean?  Or are
they wildly jittery or otherwise not worth it?  Either way, I would
appreciate an answer based on experience or just technical expertise.

Happy new year!

--
lafayette

Sweet Home Alabama