Digital Audiophile;168126 Wrote:

> We analyzed (electrical quantities, wave patterns, etc) of four
> different components - audio processor, interconnects, amps and finally
> speaker cables.  We observed input vs. output differences over the
> period of 6 weeks.  The results showed significant changes in
> capacitance, impedance and frequency response.  I'm not going to
> mention results but will say there were changes of 15-20% in some
> cases.
>
> Want to try something more scientific and measurable?  Try measuring
> the capacitance of a pair of speaker cables new and after a couple
> hundred hours.  It will be significantly different.  Can you hear a
> difference??  I don't know… Because according to you we wouldn't
> remember what we heard the first time.

Whoa, slow down - you're claiming there's a measureable difference in
the capacitance of speaker cables after "burn-in"?  Have you tested
that?  If so how exactly did you measure the capacitance?

I'd be very interested - and surprised- if that's true, but I must say
I'm pretty skeptical.  Same goes for the first paragraph I quote above
- interesting, but I'm skeptical.  Do you remember which quantities for
which components changed by 15-20%?

People design circuits for physics experiments with incredibly narrow
tolerances.  They measure quantities using them to ten significant
figures and more.  A gradual change over time in some amp or component
of order 20% would be very difficult to deal with in those experiments
- and they're using good quality components, but nothing fundamentally
different than those you find in consumer audio products.

--
opaqueice