opaqueice;169238 Wrote:
> That Krell is an integrated amp, meaning it has a volume knob.  So
> there's no need to permanently turn down the Transporter's volume or
> add any passive attenuation. Just set the Krell's volume knob to a
> point so that, with the Transporter at max volume, the sound is as loud
> as you would like (and hopefully isn't clipping at that point!).

This is a very good point and I missed your comment in the thread
earlier.

In essence you are using the integrated Amp's volume control as a
variable pad. Set the volume control to the max you want, then use the
SB3 volume control from there.

Sorry for missing your point - this thread was started as a "no preamp"
connection discussion so I treated it as a straight up power amp.

Thanks for highlighting this.

--
Eric Carroll