Hi,

I have just ordered a SqueezeBox3 (not arrived as yet).

My main system is a pair of Mordaunt-Short Avant 914 speakers and a
Kenwood KA-3020SE amplifier.

I would like to add a cheap music system to another room. I'm not at
all concerned about the sound quality in this room (it's mainly used as
a home gym, so it’s noisy) – also, I will only be using
mp3’s as the source (Creative Zen player).

I have a pair of Jamo D 265 speakers but need an amplifier.

Whilst looking for a cheap amp, most people seemed to suggest that the
sound quality was very much dependent on the combination of speaker /
amp, and not just the type of amp.

This got me thinking that maybe I should update my main system and give
up my Kenwood to the spare room. So firstly, should the Kenwood be
replaced full stop? Will it be the weak link once SqueezeBox3 is up and
running, or, would I not gain much sound quality by replacing it with a
circa £300 amp - I know that's a very subjective question to ask!

I'm not too sure about the compatibility of the various parts, so, if
anyone can offer any advice on which option to go for, or possibly
recommend a better amp to go with the Mordaunt-Shorts.

Here is what I have come up with so far:

A__ Buy a cheap amp and connect it to the Jamos and mp3 player,
possibly:

Eltax AMP70 £50
http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=ELTA-AMP70

B__ Buy this below (recommended on this forum) and just ditch the
Jamos:

Acoustic Energy Aego M Surround Speakers Set £90
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2543

C__ Move the Kenwood amp into the spare room and buy a new amp to go
with the Mordaunt-Shorts and SqueezeBox3, possibly:

Cambridge Audio AZUR 640A V2 Silver £300
http://www.richersounds.co.uk/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-640A-V2-SIL&SID=27be716860432ecbf4007b381d84b6f0

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks, Warren

--