Phil Leigh;170293 Wrote:
> I have  a friend who owns a company that makes fibre for ISP and telcos
> - he'd gladly explain that optical is perfectly adequate for the simple
> task in hand here...but of course, he isn't an audiophile...

Exactly: since you can reliably move 45Mbps over coax (think DS3) or
Fiber and rarely have bit errors (there is low-level error-detection on
data lines) reality sure implies you would never hear a difference.

The internet would fall down quickly if errors on fiber, coax or even
unshielded twisted pair was a real problem.

--
snarlydwarf