giga;170385 Wrote:
> What about using a preamp or an external DAC, would that solve the
> funky-bit problem ? Also, the only attenuators I found (eBay) are fixed
> attenuation:
>
> http://electronics.search.ebay.com/attenuator_Home-Audio_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQsacatZ14969
>
> is there something with variable attenuation?
>
> THANKS!

I have endler attenuators. They're a little home-made looking (ok, a
lot:)), and a little expensive for what they are ($65 a pair, I think),
but they do the trick.

If you search through threads here and on google, you'll find them
fairly easily.

I don't miss my old preamp at all. It's true that I've lost some
flexibility, but I don't see going back to any non-computer-based setup
any time soon, so it really doesn't bother me.

--
totoro

squeezebox 3 -> mccormack dna .5 -> audio physic tempo 4