chiefersone wrote:
I'm running my SB3 into an Adcom GTP600 preamp with a 6 zone amplifier
and I enjoy perfectly clear, hum free music.  I attempted a split of
the RCA jacks onthe SB to send a signal downstairs to my basement and
immediately upon plugging in the y RCA spiltter humming exists.  Has
anyone out there spit the RCA jacks without getting hum?  If so tell me
what cables you used please.

You have a ground loop.
Probably you are running your upstairs amp on a different circuit than the downstairs one.

Cables won't fix it.

You could take the toslink output of your SB to one amp, and the RCA to another, that will work if you have TOSLINK imput.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html