Hi Giga,
I tried the same thing for awhile, plugging the SB3 directly into an
amp (PS Audio Trio A-100).  At the listening levels I was listening at
the sound was very good but not as good as I felt it could be due to
the loss of resolution using the SB3's built-in digital volume control.
I did a LOT of research on this forum and based on an informative post
by Sean Adams, decided to go with an integrated amp instead.  Once I
tried the integrated version of the same amp, the sound became
outstanding.  That was MY experience, YMMV.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=164681&postcount=3

SB3 -> PS Audio Trio C-100 -> Revel Concerta F12s

--
USAudio