Actually there will be a commercial product most likely announced later
this year. But its going to make a transpoter seem inexpensive. (ie it
won't be a cheap product) We were trying to get it ready for CES but
that didn't happen. The plan is to make it work with Slimserver, but it
will also play CD's, and work as a USB DAC as well. There is a full
fledged computer inside running linux which will rip CDs and play from
flash (but I make NO fancy claims like the memory player people, its
just good solid engineering) with some special analog output stages I
designed.

On the Cat5 with LVDS, the cable DOES make a difference but not for the
usual reasons. The primary contributor to "sound" I have found for the
cables between boxes once you get reclocking properly taking place is
EMI radiated from the cable geting picked up by other parts of the
system. Getting good connectors and proper cables cuts down on the EMI.
This is also my biggest complaint about the SB3, as is from the factory
it radiates a lot of stuff, both from the Switching supply and the box
itself. I'm not saying it doesn't meet FCC rules, but when you get into
some of the very high end high resolving systems the EMI from it can
really make a difference. Thats one of the nice things the Transporter
has going for it, the EMI is WAY down from the SB3.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson