Yes I did test the voltage (spot on 5V), yes I did wire the unit
correctly, and yes I did have it running for over 4 weeks constantly
before I tried the A/B test.

(I don't want to start a flame either, but running in a power supply
shouldn't really make any difference if its working correctly to start
with...)

Like I've said above, I couldn't tell the difference even though I
really wanted to believe the linear PS was better. My initial
impressions that the new PS was better was a pure placebo effect.

Is everyone else on this thread using linear power supplies? and are
you claiming yours doesn't get hot or hum ? (find a really quiet room
and put your ear next to it)

To reiterate, I wouldn't dare claim the linear power supply mod is just
snake oil, but it my system it didn't make a blind bit of difference;
other (more expensive?) systems might resolve the improvements.

--
mick_w

http://freespace.virgin.net/mick.webb/