FatElvis2000;174198 Wrote:

> I suggest you read any book on Brand Equity by David Aaker, If you have
> not done so..  If you have, well...
>
> Percetions (and targeting) are everything.

Actually, I have. Just to be clear the "If you have, well..." was the
windup to the whole rest of the post. I didn't mean to imply (if you
took it this way) that you didn't understand disruptive technologies.
I'm not trying to be dismissive here, I think your position is
interesting and has merit.

I agree with you on branding and positioning... many other things being
equal. But I have sat through way too many meetings where branding and
positioning were considered the only thing, while a clearly disruptive
technology was gutting the market position of the product at hand,
despite millions and sometimes billions of branding equity having been
invested.

You may very well be right here. My crystal ball is as cloudy as
anyone's. All I know is I personally love both the Transporter and SB3,
and I don't self-identify as belonging to the "audiophilia" target
community.

I do have to agree my first reaction to Logitech acqustion was "huh?
what? why them?".

--
Eric Carroll

Transporter-Bryston 3B SST-Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.4
SB3-Rotel RB890-B&W Matrix 805
SB3-Pioneer VSX-49TXi-Mirage OM7+C2+R2