I've decided to post this here since it's the audiophile forum. I've yet
to get a straight answer so I'll try again. Given a good system.( mine
is Bolder modded SB3 digital mod and elpac ps, Bel Canto Dac1.1 modded
by GNS, Arcam A85, Proac Studio 100, Rel Q210e with Cardas Golden
Cross,Stereovox coax cable, Shunyata Power cords and conditioner, with
other tweakie stuff) is there a sonic difference/ sounds better between
music ripped using itunes into Apple Lossless vs music ripped with EAC
to Flac files? Yes I know EAC is supposed to rip a perfect copy, yes I
know that Slimserver decodes flac natively.. I have pleanty of bandwith
so I don't care if SB has to decode apple lossless on the fly etc, etc..
I like the itunes interface it works for me and I do use an ipod. My
question is has someone done a real comparision between doing it both
ways? same computer/network on the same audio system? If you want to
respond with a subjective opinion fine.. but what I'm really looking
for is anyone who's actually done this comparison and can say " I found
that x sounded better, or they are the same or whatever" I have about
100gig of music ripped to itunes in apple lossless.. if the eac/flac
thing really does sound better I could rip everything over
again..wouldn't want to but I could.

--
ErikM