opaqueice;175497 Wrote:
>  Which raises an interesting question - if the stock wallwart really
> sounds worse than the linear, why isn't there a difference in the noise
> floor for the SB when it's idle or playing a silent track?  Doesn't it
> seem odd that the effect is audible during complex musical passages,
> but not present at all when the noise floor is clearly audible?
>
> Which brings me to music.  So far, I don't hear any differences.  I'll
> try again later when I have more time to listen.

Refer to Sean's earlier posts on this topic. his measurements suggest
that there really is no difference in the performance of an SB with a
linear or switching PSU, because of the internal regulation that takes
place.

OTOH there is plenty of evidence for severe RFI pumped out by the
switching supply, and if your downstream kit is affected by it you will
hear a difference. Otherwise, otherwise.

Ceejay

--
ceejay