opaqueice;176138 Wrote:
> Well, here's a quote from
> http://stereophile.com/reference/1093jitter/index.html:
>

> On the other hand it seems to me thinking about it that what's relevant
> is the jitter frequency mod the sampling frequency... in other words
> jitter at say 45.1 kHz could produce sidebands at +-1kHz.

I believe they are actually wrong there. Perhaps some information was
taken out of the article. I believe that jitter above 40kHz but _below_
Fs/2 (8*44/2 kHz for an 8 times oversampling D/A) will be surpressed as
it will be properly filtered out by the D/A. However, any jitter above
Fs/2 will again fold down, but some of it will, of course, fold into
the area which is filtered away).

I'll check to see if I can find some more info on this.

Interesting is the reasoning about one-bit DACs.

Then we have interface jitter, which will allow very high frequency
pollution to affect the clock. (Not the same as the jitter discussed
earlier in that article which is jitter introduced directly at the
clock.)

--
P Floding