ceejay;177765 Wrote:
> Theres a set of command line options on flac.exe (-0 to -8) to make it
> try harder to compress, though it takes a lot longer for not very much
> extra compression.
>
> Its also conceivable that the gaps are being handled differently,
> though that would make some tracks bigger and others smaller.
> Ceejay

Thanks ceejay, now it makes sense. I have the -6 in the command line
option of EAC and I selected Compression Level 8 (Best) in dBpoweramp.

Talking about gaps... I forgot about this. There are functions in EAC
to detect and leave out gaps before ripping the CD. I have not found
these features in the dBpoweramp ripper. Did I miss something or do I
have to use a separate tool to remove the gaps?

ceejay;177765 Wrote:

> Creating the M3U is an option in EAC, you didn't need it, SS won't miss
> the file.
> Ceejay

Great...

A couple more questions:
In regards to the ripping accuracy reputation of EAC... would it be
safe to say that dBpoweramp is just as accurate because it uses
AccurateRip? I do not comsider myself a pro... so Am I missing a
critical feature of dBpoweramp "Reference"? I decided to save 10 bucks
and bought the Powerpack & MP3 license. So far, I'm very happy with the
streamlined ripping process using a single tool and with the results I'm
getting with R12. Is this too good to be true?

--
tamanaco