jeffmeh;178416 Wrote:
> True.  However, it is conceivable that the act itself of the SB decoding
> the FLAC could alter its output signals compared to those if the SB did
> not perform the decoding.  I am certainly not suggesting that this
> happens in any audible way, merely that it is theoretically possible.

The SB also has to decode WAV, and it's continually processing incoming
TCP/IP packet etc.  So it's also theoretically possible the the
processing it does for WAV is more harmful to the fidelity of the music
than the processing it does for FLAC.

Two very unlikely things, no way to choose between them.

--
opaqueice