opaqueice;178993 Wrote:
> But if you guys are going to claim that there are some people that have
> some sort of magic "golden ear" ability to hear the effects of a linear
> supply or ebony hockey pucks, while the rest of us mere mortals can't do
> it, I'm going to have to call BS.  Go try a blind test; if you succeed
> I'll be impressed and we can look for an explanation (which would be
> more likely to do with the system than your ears anyway).  Until then,
> sorry - no dice.

Never claimed anything with regards to "golden ears".  But there is a
wide range between "golden ears" and "tin ears", and with the exception
of some truly poor ears, I am confident that a majority of people could
hear the difference between the stock power supply and a linear power
supply on a SB3 in my system (thus, the open invitation for anyone on
this forum to come to my place and spend some time listening).

To my ears, "upgrades" in power supplies do one very specific
thing...they reduce the sibilence I hear in the sound.  Most
noticeably, the "sss" sound on male and female vocals becomes less
harsh and fatiguing.

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.