325xi;180181 Wrote:
> I don't understand your point guys. I totally understand what many feel
> that most of hyper-expensive cables do not have enough of real
> advantage in physical parameters to justify the price. I don't,
> however, understand that desire to keep things oversimplified - lamp
> cord, magnet wire, etc. Yes, they apparently work, and for most sound
> more then adequately. But what's so wrong with trying to improve
> cable's parameters by playing with material and geometry? What if
> Cardas or other well known brands were selling cables for 3-10 times
> less - would you still prefer lamp cord, or admit there's something in
> that complicated stuff? And if so, all this denial of "fine" cables
> comes not because they're really just marketing BS (although some are
> indeed), but simply because people hate things they don't have money
> for?

Well, there is a question as to whether the expensive cables really are
better.  If we agree that the ideal for a cable is to act as if it
wasn't there and the components were connected directly, that's an
objective standard against which cables can be measured.  Using that
standard, in many cases expensive cables have been tested to be
actually worse than the cheap ones.  Moreover in many cases the
manufacturers don't report their parameters - so we have no way of
knowing unless we test them ourselves.

--
opaqueice